Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tabouleh Salad with Hempseeds

I know I have been inching towards the healthier, lighter meals lately but I honestly haven’t had much of a choice. Despite the rainy/hail weather we have been experiencing lately, summer is right around the corner and I need to get this bod back into bikini-worthy shape. Once I am done drooling over all the excessively complicated dazzling meals on Top Chef Canada, I open my laptop and search for realistic meals that you and I can whip up without the grueling eyes of the judges. I have been hanging around the beautiful Kimberley Snider’s website lately and have become a bit intrigued by the “beauty from the inside out” concept. Don’t worry, I am still a glutton for punishment and will be serving up something fried by next week, but I can still appreciate some real feel-good” food.

The Raw Tabouleh Salad is as simple as it gets. It took me less than 15 minutes to throw together and the results were exploding with flavor. There is something about the lemony-garlicky dressing that drove my taste buds mad! The best part though, is that you are ingesting copious amounts of antioxidants without even realizing it. Parsley is packed with iron, vitamins A & C, and possesses enzymes that can help keep you regular! ;) … The hemp seeds are a nice addition to this salad since they are “high” in protein (haha) and essential fats. With this unpredictable weather, we can all use the vitamins!
Xo Dom Appetit!

Tabouleh Salad with Hempseeds
Taken from:Kimberley Snider Recipes

Prep Time: 15 mins

Tools Needed: measuring cups & spoons, large mixing bowl, blender, paring knife, cutting board, mixing spoon

Ingredients:
1 huge bunch of fresh parsley (stems removed and chopped)
½ of white onion (chopped)
1 tomato (diced)
5 heaping Tbs of hempseeds (I used 3 since these aren’t cheap!)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
¼ of olive oil
Salt (for taste)

Directions:

1)      Throw chopped parsley, tomato, onion and hempseeds into large mixing bowl
2)      In a blender, combine lemon, garlic, olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth and pour over salad and mix well. Enjoy J




No comments:

Post a Comment