Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shish Taouk- Adonis Style!

All of you who shop at Adonis know how tasty their Shish Taouk chicken is. There is nothing like it. You probably also know how exclusive their recipes are and that this recipe is nearly impossible to find anywhere, even on the World Wide Web. It’s a savory garlic yogurt sauce marinated chicken cult and only those privy to this information are fortunate enough to share this very classified dish at their table. Sadly, even I could not obtain this sacred authentic Mediterranean recipe. I was now determined to find anything that would be remotely equivalent to the famed Adonis Shish-Taouk style chicken. 
After sitting with a few fellow S-T fans, I was proficient enough to put together an adequate recipe attempt that blew me away and fulfilled my appetite. I am convinced that any Adonis S-T fan would approve of this succulent garlicky BBQ’d chicken and gobble it down in 1 or 2 pitas…not forgetting the tomato and cucumber side salad (which is the essential ingredient to completing this trio). Oh, one last thing… make sure you have breathe mints nearby as this marinade calls for 8 garlic cloves! The more the tastier I always say!
Xo Dom Appetit!

Chicken Shish Taouk
Prep Time: 15 mins (at least one hour to marinate)
Cook Time: 25 mins
Tools Needed: large mixing bowl, cutting board, knife, measuring spoons and cups, saran wrap, spoon, fork, BBQ thongs
Ingredients:
16 boneless & skinless chicken thighs
½ cup of olive oil
8 garlic cloves mashed (the more the tastier)
350 ml of plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
Directions:
1) Prick the chicken with a fork and put it in large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix. Let marinate in the fridge for at least one hour (tastes best if left in fridge overnight).
2) Add to BBQ over medium heat and cook for 25 mins, turning every 5 mins. Check if cooked by cutting a slice in the middle ensuring that chicken is well done. Serve immediately with a pita and side salad



4 comments:

  1. I was so happy to find your recipe! A former Montrealer now living in England..I've been searching the net looking for anything similar to Adonis!! YUM! Now if only you knew their lamb marinade too! Can't wait to try this shish taouk tomorrow though! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this recipe! Facile et très bon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank god! I live in the states and every time I go home(Dollard), I need to get my Adonis fix. Making this tomorrow night for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your recipe and so glad I did, any others do not come close to Adonis!!! But, I can't BBQ so at long would you cook it in the oven? Guessing at 400, would it come out as good as on the BBQ??

    ReplyDelete