Monday, June 6, 2011

New York City: Motorino Pizza


I am a bit tardy with informing you all on my adventures to the city that never sleeps, New York City.  As most of you know, this is my millionth visit to this city of lights and food…and probably one of the most memorable. The “locals”  are similar to its weather this time of year, harsh and overbearing. Nonetheless, whether it be the abundance of the street meat vendors or the ridiculously extravagant cupcakes, these Yankees always know how to steal my heart.  
My weekend to NYC was sparked by my best girlies successful completion of her school semester, and I figured that this would be the perfect time to try a few restaurants that I had meant to try during my last visit. The most memorable being Motorino Pizza. This quaint little pizza joint received high praises from the one and only Rachael Ray, so I figured why not? Let me tell you: THIS WOMAN KNOWS HER PIZZA!!!! Gooey, squishy na’an bread tasting crust, loaded with the perfect toppings of your choice, keep your mouth longing for more. I am not exaggerating one bit. My pick, the brussel sprouts and pancetta, knocked me off my seat. I scoffed it up and ordered a side of spicy octopus and potato ( a must! ), washing this all down with a nice deep amber beer. The hunt was well worth the feed!
Xo Dom Appetit!

And I had to share Coney Island's Famous Nathan's Hot Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment