Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chimichurri Chicken & Shrimp Skewers

I was feeling really lazy last night after my big weekend in NYC (I will share every little detail in my next blog…first let me feed you!), so I decided to take the easy route to dinner by using an already prepared marinade. I love mixing and mashing my own marinade creations, but there are times when Presidents Choice’s “Memories” marinade and dipping sauces do just the trick with less of a mess. PC does it all these day! From their mini ciabatta hot dog and hamburger buns, to the extra smooth/crunchy peanut butter stuffed pretzels….they never cease to amaze.
Specifically, I rely on their sauces for those perfect dine-in moments. They specialize in different flavors characterized by a particular culture. My favorites include Memories of Portugal Piri Piri, Memories of Dad’s Grill (maple, apple & beer sauce), and their latest flavor: Memories of Argentina Chimichurri Sauce! For the cheap price of $2.50 you can spice up any meat for a fast and enjoyable meal! I skewered my shrimps and chicken between vibrant red and yellow peppers, giving this meat fest a crunchy sweet moment of clarity!
Xo Dom Appetit!

Chimichurri Chicken & Shrimp Skewers

Prep Time: 15 mins (30 mins to an hour for meat to marinate)
Cook Time: 20 mins
Tools Needed: cutting board, knife, medium mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, skewers, saran wrap, BBQ
Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bag of large shrimps (31-40) peeled
2 Red Peppers (chopped in 1 inch cubes)
1 Yellow Pepper (chopped in 1 inch cubes)
½ a bottle of Memories of Argentina Chimichurri Sauce
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Directions:
1) Chop chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and throw into medium size bowl with peeled shrimps. Add half a bottle of the marinade and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins to 1 hour
2) Chop peppers into 1 inch cubes and put into small bowl, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper
3) Remove chicken and shrimp from the fridge and start skewing! Keep shrimps and chicken on different skewers, using peppers as separators
4) Grill on BBQ, turning occasionally until cooked, approx. 20 mins. Serve Immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment