Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rib Eye Steaks in a Ginger and Soy Marinade with Fingerling Potatoes

Rainy Saturday's can be a bit of a drag after a week of nature's best, but I find these are my most productive moments. Picking up that unfinished novel, or filing through those random newspapers and magazines scattered across the coffee table, always leaves me with a bit of personal accomplishment. This mini home and mental clean up has led me to notice that I have WAY too many untouched cookbooks and foodie mags that have been compiling, inherently meaning there will be more test and trials to be shared with you all... but before I get to those, I need to share this mouth watering Rib Eye Steak with a Soy and Ginger Marinade recipe with you.

I cannot begin to describe how exhilarated I am that BBQ season is back. Everything tastes that much better with the grilled charcoal flavor. I picked up a couple rib eye's from Le Biftheque Steakhouse's butcher shop (only because I had a gift card! Or else Loblaws's butcher corner would have been good enough for me!) and threw them in this easy marinade for an overnight soak. Let me tell you, the extra night to marinate is key. This piece of meat surrendered itself to pure tenderness and melted in my mouth. Literally. I guarantee you will enjoy the same results...

xo Dom Appetit!

PS. I served this dish with a side BBQ grilled fingerling potatoes (assortment of red, yellow and purple skinned) ...delish!







Rib Eye Steaks in a Ginger and Soy Marinade

Taken FromAll Recipes

Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins (1 night to marinate)

Tools Needed: medium mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, saran wrap, BBQ, clamps, cutting board, paring knife

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup real maple syrup
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce ( I used Red Hot!)
  • 1/2 cup beer
  • 4 (10 ounce) beef rib eye steaks

Directions: 

1) In medium size bowl combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, mustard powder, sesame oil, hot sauce together and then add beer
2) on cutting board, cut off extra fat on the outside of the steaks, throw fat out, and then add steak to mixture
3) Cover bowl with saran wrap and put into the fridge overnight
4) remove from bowl and put directly onto BBQ. Grill about 4 mins on each side. Remove and serve with side of Grilled Fingerling Potatoes

Grilled Fingerling Potatoes

Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins

Tools Needed: cutting board, knife, aluminum foil, BBQ, medium size mixing bowl

Ingredients:

1 bag of assorted Fingerling Potatoes
5 garlic cloves (chopped)
Salt and Pepper
4 pads of butter
Fresh Rosemary (2 twigs)
Olive Oil

Directions:

1) Wash half the bag of potatoes and chop in halves dropping into bowl. Add garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary (removed from twig), and drizzle with olive oil. Mix and drop into aluminum foil
2) Add butter and close foil around the potatoes tightly. Put directly on BBQ grill to cook for 30 mins. Check occasionally moving potatoes around so they don't stick. Remove and serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment